Thursday, July 20, 2006

 
Everyone's a Winner

Like she always reckons- Winning is a state of mind.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 8:57 AM
Subject: oh dear...


i don't think that you're going to be so happy now

i've been requisitioned for this evening for X's farewell dinner

you're welcome to come along tonight, if you like

but i don't think it was what you had envisaged...

sorry - a bit of an unexpected development.

-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 09:02 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

Great!!!!

Juz knew this was going to happen!!!!!
And no, I would not go to any farewell dinner!!!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 9:18 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

did you?

I didn't...

i'm not exactly looking forward to the dinner either - i don't know anyone that's coming!


-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 09:26 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

I told you- if she has time on her hands, she would have something planned for the both of you!!!!

She's that type!!!!

So I pre-empted it and that's why I suggested that you should perhaps register your busyness with a "function" you need to attend!!!

And since you dun even know any of those pp, how could you have ask me to tag along, dope?!!!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 9:30 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...


i don't think she planned it for me - i'm just expected to be there

it's a work farewell - makes sense

i know what you're saying, but functions don't come up that quickly - so not applicable in this circumstance
well it's not just myself asking, X asked you to join too

-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 09:36 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

you know, I won't go to such things.

I am too out of place!!!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 9:45 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

heheh... i think everyone who is not an auditor would be out of place...

oh poor miss P

i bet that right now, you're feeling "duped"

i did try valiantly - hence X is asking you to come along as well

-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 09:55
Subject: RE: oh dear...

"Valiantly" hey? what a big word!!!

that's what I thought- not cos she wants me to come but cos she wants you to come and be next to her, hence she is giving you the leeway to get your fren to come along so that u won't be too unhappy to have to cancel your plans with your friend.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

i hope that you're not being sarcastic there... i can use other big words too

well no actually, it's just her work colleagues that are coming to this one, so the extended invitation makes you special

-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 10:16 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

No, not being sarcastic!!! Juz trying to lighten up the mood for myself ;p

I dun think so- that makes u special cos she's bending backwards for you so that you would put in an appearance with her!
See, her world revolves quite a bit around you...

btw, where are u guys going for dinner tonight?

Btw, I think I have to wait for a call from Dubai tonite.


-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 10:31 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...


oh poor miss P

stay happy now

hmmm... i think you'll find it's more than quite a bit

Table for 10 at Kobe Jones

oh good news - did they get back to you?

-----Original Message-----
20/07/2006 10:41 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

yeah, I was just playing it down and being diplomatic, Dopey!!!

I know when I see the way she looks at you- to still be so enamoured after 6 years, that's quite a big feat!!!

I might just pop up since I like to secretly indulge in the memory of the nite where we hooked up and dined and wined at Kobe Jones ;) What time is dinner?

but let me re-organise my time with the pp at Dubai...have to check the time clock!!!

The client contacted me directly!!!!


-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

well you have to understand the effect i have on women

: P

i don't know what time dinner is... probably 7 - i'll find out later and let you know

well let me know for sure that you are free

well that's good, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
Thursday, 20 July 2006 11:10
Subject: RE: oh dear...

well,well, well- someone is blowing his own horn :p

Well, in order to secretly relive that old memory of us at Kobe Jones amongst a bunch of boring auditors and having a dark private chuckle, yes I will comply and accept the invitation to dinner...;)

I have pushed my call to 12 midnight and am awaiting reply.

We'll see- anyhow, I really should be printing stuff out abt the company and have a read and so I could talk shit tonight....;)


20/07/2006 02:20 PM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

Think I better not go for dinner tonite.

But thank her for inviting me.


-----Original Message-----
Subject: RE: oh dear...

you've changed your mind?

well it's up to you - dinner is at 7.30pm

or is it because of your call?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 2:57 PM
To: Subject: RE: oh dear...

Yes, I have changed my mind.

I think B and I are having dinner at La Cita on King Street Wharf.

I figured it would be too weird for all of us to put things into context.
1)Her colleagues would think who the hell is this girl and body language will tell that I am not her best friend. The farewell was intended by her colleagues to bid her farewell.
2) She probably didn't want me to come silently but she has to ask anyhow so as to not incur your wrath or discontent for disrupting your proposed meet up with a friend so it is an obligation to ask (and praying at the back of her mind that the invitee would decline).
3) As for you, you would be stuck in an obligation to entertain your fren (ie. moi) who knows no one when the attention and the star is supposedly her. She would secretly not like the diversion of attention. She would go home feeling uneasy (plus if she sees how short my dress is today,even my boss said so, and imagine that I was supposed to be meeting u tonite if not for the dinner), you guys might end up having quite a tense moment behind closed doors when u reach home cos she wouldn't know how to verbalise her displeasure/ discomfort and would find something to pick a fight with. Which is counter-productive and unnecessary for all parties.

Therefore, in order to make everyone a winner in this case, Miss P (for pre-empt and peace) has decided to extract herself from this occasion. Her thoughts for winning for herself in this case is she is granting everyone a win-win situation...;)


-----Original Message-----]
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 3:36 PM
Subject: RE: oh dear...

ok, well as long as you are at peace with your decision

hope that your dinner with your sis is good

i'm sure you look very nice today

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 3:44 PM
: RE: oh dear...

Yes, I am and for once, I think I found a perfect solution to winning ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?