Sunday, January 14, 2007

 
Pre- Monday Blues

I feel like I am ten again. I used to suffer acute insomnia as a child, especially when I was in primary four. I would tossed and turned in bed on Sunday until the wee hours of the morning because I kept thinking I must've forgotten to do some of my homework. Then there was always the Maths test falling on Monday. In my school, Maths was always hard. Basically, school was hard and competitive and I grew up a stressed bunny- not to mention I was always mediocre next to the older sibling...

I think I am having the pre-Monday blues again.

I have three more days to my return back home to Singapore.

I have lots of ground to cover at work. I brought work home over the weekend and have touched jackshit when I should have done some private desk time in my room. I figured I will not leave in peace unless I get my "things to do" list tick off.

Tomorrow, I need to map out more teams (horror!!!), amidst ten thousand other things to juggle. I think I am going in on a swiss bank. I so don't look forward to it.

Then there is the team meeting first thing in the morning- I pray that I am not heaped anymore work or being asked any questions in relation to my progress of the assignments.

Oh, and my bloody results are out tomorrow. I pray I go fine- I have decided that I am going to make bold and ask the boss for a blackberry. Need to bloody be in the action even when I am on holidays because I cannot get side-stepped, especially when I am finally getting in the full swing of things with these significantly big mandates. Need to hone more credentials should I decide to leave, stay or get that bigger pay rise.

Times like this- I think I could be quite happy to quit the rat race and 1) run a takeaway stall with DL and lead a simple laid back life (that would make him a really happy man!) or 2) try snaring a millionaire (that would make me a really happy P- P the Extravagant Queen)

Heh..think a dilettante and a charlartan like me could possibly pull it off quite well...;)

But not living on my own terms...;(

Ah well, I better quit that whingeing and get back to the real world... Got to go...The voice in my head is calling, "P, get your fucking act together and get on with it!" ;(

Think the fear for insomnia today is truimphing over the laziness and lack of motivation...




Comments:
coming up to kl?;)
 
Nope- am having a busy social calendar. Trying to start making sure that everything fits in while I'm back home so unless you're interested, register your interest soon..;)

heh...
 
i'll pass then. :p
 
Fine- well, I expected it ;p
 
have a good trip anyway. :D
 
Men. How oh-so-predictable.

Come up and have drinks already!! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?