Friday, February 09, 2007

 
(Girlfriends and) Friday...

is the day I would normally look forward to. Well, not really I have more work awaiting me in the office tomorrow.

A typical Friday evening here for P is a glass of sauvignon blanc in hand topped up at about 5pm while she continues working away at her desk. Occasionally, she gets invited to after work drinks. Or sometimes she does her usual last minute dash aboard the Greyhound to spend a warm and fuzzy weekend inter-state in her joint abode with her DL and fluffball....

I am missing last Friday night. I am nostalgic because fun came unexpectedly and brought me to a high and now I have fallen deeper into the troughs as a result.

I noticed that every holiday when I return to rouse my girlfriends to an exciting girls' night out, I initially tend to receive slightly apprehensive and uninspired reactions. But they obliged and humour me because I am now "foreigner" and they love me to bits and want me to maximise my fun time. I always assure them a good time because again my strong sense of servitude ensures that I deliver my promise and maximise my companions' satisfaction. Then the real fun begins- we get picked up by eligible types and get into interesting conversations that they suddenly become a party animal convert overnight. Then they start craving for more and cannot get over the "high" legacy I would have left behind...

"Partying is not fun without you. You are the hunk magnet." V said.

"P, I just want to do all the wrong things now," cool B would add.

"Now the both of you are getting itchy," I would tease cheekily.

You see, I am the Devil's Advocate who bring out the excessiveness in my girlfriends. I recognised that it was always there in their natures but like an unpolished gem, it needs polishing to bring out that spark in them. Larger-than-life is how I propose we live and with the increasing nights out, coupled by my love for salacious banter (I've also managed to bring my two separate best friends V and B together finally), the girls get bolder, hornier and higher. ;)

"Now that's living," I said.

I don't know really. Guess I like being an orchestrator. I said to V just now (called her on company's expense; heh), think I am like a traffic controller. Actually, maybe the bouncer or hostess who ensures that everyone is in for a good time because come to think of it, I am sociable but not quite a groupie. I kind of enjoy time alone if not with the girls, like I do on most days Down Under. See how pathetic am I, blogging on a supposedly happening Friday evening.

Hmm, actually I like to see myself as a deal-maker. An originator of deals- I bring in the fun and my pack gets to do the execution. They enjoy the kill. As a team, each player plays a different role. So really, it is a joint effort on all our parts.

It doesn't quite work for me operating here only. A solo singer without her own band produces no good gig.
It has to be mutually inclusive...

So there you go- much as the girls miss me and try to track my schedule day in day out to stay posted, overlooking the surmounting long distance phone bills, I now live my life vicariously through them. Those romantic love stories or escapades they have since experienced from our nights outs are constantly fed across to me because they are led to believe I have enable them to happen. Ah well, if only they were receptive to my company like ten years back.

Then they also pledged to fly over to hang out to revive our fun and dirty nights out. I really have great girlfriends!

Ok- yet another crap post! But I missed the girls, I hate the fact that I have to get back to work, I am suppressing any painfully numbing thoughts of my troubled relationship with DL and I really, really miss Dr. Jekyll & Hyde who holds not very strong feelings for me. Then there is also my Manila society beau's big 35th birthday bash (and whom miraculously, look not much a day older than me) that I would miss tomorrow! He even texted me and said he had a great foot massage last nite! Dammit! Everyone's having fun but me!!!

Sigh, am back in the grind and that's my reality for sure!

P.S Any takers to hasten spicing up my social calendar? Need a quick fix!;(

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?