Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 
The Need to Stay Focused

I have just posted an entry below which triggered my memory of another one of my personal possession losses. I then began to recall my number of lost items and am now horrified that whenever I lose my personal belongings, it has got to do with one of my illicit night out. I had earlier said to Dr. Jekyll & Hyde (when I realised that I lost my Fendi fob necklace) that it was retribution for my infidelity (that must be a small price to pay then, he said). But now I have also another reason to my karmic or spiritual reasoning/ understanding- I am simply not focused enough.

Let me attempt to compile an "in-your-face" public self shaming list of my lost or nearly lost items to serve as a future reminder for myself of where the path of my fallacies would lead me...

08/2003 Cuban J- new Oroton wallet by DL (first expensive present) containing
USD and all credit cards gone.

09/2004 French W- black cashmere cardigan with the diamante buttons left
behind at the pub but was later retrieved.

11/2004 Drunken Night at hangout "The Mazet"- left behind golden vintage
purse and remote control to digital camera but was later retrieved.


11/2004 French "Aura"- matching belt to my black jersey plunging neckline
dress gone and made imperfect.

01/2007 Filippino Ted and buddies- all pesos, smart phone, diamante hairclip
gone.
- bow on one shoe went missing and made imperfect.

01/2007 Manila shopping- left shopping bag of newly purchased merchandise
in the shop next door but was later retrieved, realising only when I was
many blocks away.

02/2007 Singaporean Dr. Jekyll & Hyde- Fendi gold fob necklace gone.

I am back in Asia next month and I am so determined not to revert back to my errant ways.

Focus P! Focus!






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?