Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 
Wanderlust...

Ok, this is my ultimate fantasy that could possibly happen or not happen. I am trying my darnest to contain my excitment lest the whole thing falls through. The emotional stakes are high- it would not only get me feeling all disappointed but my girlfriends!

Next month, I need to go to Hong Kong for work. I am hoping to squeeze a stopover back in Singapore for two nights of serious partying. You see it's the weekend before my birthday and a few days after V's birthday. I would like to maximise that Friday and Saturday.

Who knows- I might be able to revive that crazy Velvet night for V and myself- get the boys out and let us all build up that chemistry and magic. Wait, actually let the Long Island Tea do the magic for us. Jugs of it. Hmm, then it's like killing two birds with one stone. Good deal!

Which means to say, I will blow off Big Kay whom I have promised to bunk over at HK to catch up with and my Manila beau, Ted who might try to find time to fly in and spend time with me (not that I really want to get intimate with him). Well, not that it really matters. I just hung out with Big Kay on his last night here in Ozland last weekend. I got the poor boy all drunk with just 2 glasses of wine. Heh...

As for Ted,who cares! (I know I still owe my readers a story on this guy.) He didn't seem to care too much about me either. I rang him on Saturday to wish him a Happy Birthday. He turned 35. He sounded hesitant when he mentioned that he was at the Shangri-La hotel as he and his friends had booked a room there the night before to celebrate his birthday. I figured he was with a girl as he was keen to put down the phone on me (plus I saw the picture on a rather pretty and young girl on his bloody mobile phone and some stored photos of her which I suspect is a girl he truly adores) but he made a quick attempt at appeasing me (not that I needed any because who cares?) and said he would try to come visit me when I fly to Asia next month. So it is not confirmed and I would rather not build my plans on other people's schedules.

Later that night, his other best friend, Guitar (not the saxophonist) did the duo gig (like what B and I would do for each other) and texted me to remind me that it was Ted's birthday and that he missed me terribly and by the way, how was I? Bullshit! I texted him to say that I don't think that Ted missed me at all cos I did call him before and sent my wishes and he was keen to put down but how was Guitar himself anyways? I suspected he had a thing for me right from the start but since his best buddy had registered interest before him, he wanted to do the right "brother" thing!

I like talking to Guitar- an extremely charming fellow (more my type than Ted really but again, he is a bit of a wily fox) who now lives out in San Francisco and in less than a year, his business had burgeoned with a turnover of more than USD$1 million. I always look up to enterprising types and quite enjoy talking about business and my ideas with him. He was first impressed that I remembered his name when we next met. I met him on;y so briefly the night before. He had liked my accent, he said before and found me a highly intelligent girl. That first I guessed that Guitar was about 32 years old but later he said no, he is 40. Who knows really? The guys all look really young, like no more than 5 years older than me. Even my Ted is 35 and he looks not a year older than me. Must be the charmed life, having not to endure any physical labour. Any form and shape of physical labour would only come from choice- in my Ted's case, his personal kick-boxing session with his coach and in his younger days, he trained as a swimmer.

Once the chauffer stopped by at Guitar's house for a bit for him to retrieve some presents for the birthday boy's party that we were attending, Ted mentioned that his family has developed this entire village (or what we call suburbs). Guitar was back this time to support the birthday boy's political campaign to run for mayor (whom the boys believe that he would win anyway; the runner comes from a family in politics); apparently Guitar also comes from a family of politicians.

Anyhow, I am still having Dr. Jekyll & Hyde at the back of my mind though the pressure of work is fast diluting my focus on him.

Well, perhaps if I could just do that two day stopover, I just might be able to indulge yet once more...

Guess I better quit thinking about it. Quite frankly, in order to satiate this wanderlust to return home, I must first get approval to take one precious day off- Friday when my work ends on Thursday. Right now, given the surmounting workload and one member down in the team from a significant illness, I don't see how I could get away from work, especially so when I have overdrawn on my holidays and is still at the bottomost of this corporate food chain...

Urghh.... I better stop thinking and over-anticipating lest everything turns out to be all blowing hot air, as with a ton of other things that have befallen on me of late! Akin to deals gone wrong and has just flown straight under the table!

Focus P, focus and no bloody expectations or desires! Zen is the way to go!;(





Comments:
Hell yeah!
Get yer ass back here and let's have us some fun fun fun.
I am SO gonna need IT.
 
Well, well, P is trying to do her magic and make those illusions and fantasies into a reality...;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?