Friday, February 09, 2007

 
Writer's Haze...

is what yours truly is experiencing tonight. This is the opposite of writer's block.

Today, I started off the day with so much content and thoughts to write about and precisely because of this assualt of ideas, I have been writing and abandoning different drafts for the past 2.5 hours. Nothing produced yet.

Goddamit, it's past midnight and I have to catch some sleep.

The notion of time reminds me that I have a day job that pays.

Tommorrow, for the nth time, I will walk up the sloping road, dressed in my corporate suit, pearl necklace and sneakers, a face in the rat race. I will take a deep breath to brace myself for the challenges ahead and enter that foreboding prestigious Tower of Power where corporate and financial elites fight their battles, left wing lobbyists strategically establish their protest and boycott playground whenever occasion is called for and endless news commentaries employ it as a backdrop for news commentators day in day out...

I say thank Buddha it's Friday (TBIF!) and am then reminded of a different place in my life- my bitter-sweet times as a struggling fashion design assistant in the atelier of Paris on Rue Reamur that really wasn't that long ago...

Where lies the food for my soul?

Oh, I just remember that I got headhunted again and have a lunch appointment tomorrow...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?