Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 
The Price of Honesty

We all learn something new everyday. Today, I learnt that sometimes honesty does not pay. Then again, there are at least 2 sides to a coin so it really depends on where one resides.

I bumped into Nano online again.

It was one of those rarer moments that I was first to spot him and say hello.

After a good ten minutes of being ignored, I buzzed him. Like how Nano used to jolt me from what I was doing online to get my attention.

Still no reply.

I went, "Knock, knock, is Nano there?"

Then I realised he had gone offline without saying goodbye. This wasn't the first time but then again, we have never been online at the same time without at least greeting each other and saying hello. After all the reason why the messenger was installed on my laptop in the first place was a result of his request since he had decided that the long distance sms phone bills was getting expensive and he is "cheap".

So I learnt something quite simple today- the price of honesty can be a cold shoulder.

Times like this I am tempted to revert to my usual maxim- "Ask no questions and you'll be told no truth". Might be a more merciful relief to leave things in oblivion if the truth is not what one proposes or expects to hear.

After all, I am the type of person (as similar to the belief of the Old Boy)- "If you dare to ask, I might dare to give." In this case, I gave the truth.

In this instance people, the next question one should really ask then when dealing with someone like me is- Can you handle it?

(Careful what you ask from me lest I give it to you"- is a word of caution I have served to the Old Boy of late)

****

Both Old Boy and B concur that in this instance, a little white lie might have just come in handy.

What do you readers think?

I reckon I would continue to stick to my guns. I wouldn't want lies to compound on lies since I have a closet full of bad karma built up, which is enough to last me a few lifetimes over.

Comments:
who do you become the bearer of truth when you've so much to hide?
 
how, i meant. anyway, not everyone can deal with the truth.
 
I am a bearer of truth because I keep and know the truth inside me and also in this case, I gave him the truth...:D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?