Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 
Tonight...


I feel a sense of warm glow. Like a certain fuzziness, feel good feeling that leaves me feeling somewhat comforted that I could do a little to help a person's life. I feel tears welling up my eyes as I write.

I just logged off with Nano.

Today, he has had less than ten ciggies. That is an achievement for someone who smokes at least a pack a day.

The other day, he casually mentioned in his usual aloof way, "Did I tell you I have heed your advice and have been cutting down on my cigarettes? But don't tell anybody."

And he has been feeling tired all day today.

*****

Back in Manila while we were having dinner, we were on the topic of clairvoyants and fortune tellers.

He said he had two different clairvoyants read him.

"They both said I would find true love when I turn 38 and then I would die of lung cancer!!! What bullshit!" Nano laughed it off nonchalently.

My female hostess and I eyed each other nervously. We are both equally superstitious enough to not want to tempt fate.

At the same time, the rate at which he smoked one ciggie after another coupled by the continuous flow of beers in his way was enough cause for concern for the both of us.

*****

Nano is turning 29 this year.

I hope it's not too late.

Bless that sweet boy. I would want for him to find his true love.

*****

Recently, I mentioned that the accupuncturist diagnosed that I have weak lungs.

The other night, he proposed where he would take me when I next return to Manila.

He suggested the Poolside Restaurant (I think) and I asked where that was.

He said it was a nice place and oh, and its a non-smoking place ;)

And he kindly mentioned that he won't smoke before me too.

Nano puts a smile on my face that way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?