Sunday, July 22, 2007

 
Sleepless in the Hilton...

I have just got home. It is now eight o'clock in the morning.

I left the Hilton at 6.30a.m, having tossed and turned for a good five hours, suffering from acute insomnia.

I often have sleeping problems.

My sleepless mind started to wander. A thousand Dr. Jekyll & Hydes haunting me from the night we met to the final ugly episode. Funnily, at some intervrals, E also intercepted my thoughts...People who do not deserve to occupy any of my memory space are often fond of popping at "timely" intervals where I needed the most peace of mind...

I tried to meditate by being in a state of "rest" and as I did so, I was gradually transcending into a successful slumber before three different alarm clocks and wake up calls starting ringing and jolt me from my quelling state and I was once again being jolted back to restlessness...

****

Busy, busy, busy. I forsee an active social calendar building up. Just when I think everyone, male and female alike has disappeared from my life.

First was last night with the friend. She is expecting to visit again in about a month's time.

Then V mentioned at the start of the week that she would be flying in at the end of the month to visit me. Yay- long anticipated!

That very same night, DL rang to say that Coolios who was part of our clique and whom we hadn't seen since I left for Paris had made a surprise call to say he was coming to Ozland in the next week or so and he would be hanging out at our place and would we be free to put him up. People often just rocked up and somehow the boys love to hang out at our joint abode where we have a good selection of alcohol. Occasionally, we would take the opportunity to extend our hospitality by pulling out the good old expensive vintage Penfold's that we have promised to reserve for our wedding. Obviously, the supply is dwindling and I don't think it'll last till we unscrew the cock before our wedding, if we ever hold one that is!

And just when I thought that someone has decided to write me off his romantic list since his missing in action and non replies to my emails or smses, I bumped into him online.

I was busy working away at work and by the time, I saw a "Hi sexy", it was past an hour since Nano dropped me a line. I replied quickly that I hadn't seen him online before and asked how exactly was he.

"Still trying to lose weight,"
was his reply.

A few more lines of small talk ensued. I was busy working away and typing furiously to amend a client presentation.

Then he mentioned that he was coming in about 2 weeks' time.

I said cool, we could hang out since I have the whole house to myself.

"Can I stay at your place? ;) "

"Yup, as long as you like till the 12th August."


"Ok, I'll keep you posted."

Who knows whether he'll turn up but we'll see.

Things in my life is subjected to so many changes at the eleventh hour, like me unexpectedly been told of coming up with a research piece with a 24-hour turnaround deadline... just when I thought I could knock off at 5.30pm finally, I was kept up till past 10pm and then back at work at 7ish in the morning.

Then there is also the phone conversation with DL that turned awry on Thursday night. He got irritated with the bad line and yet again, wasn't listening hard about something important I was telling him about my career and my recent review with the head honcho. He sounded like he was keen to put down and get on with watching TV.I slammed down the phone on him with the parting words, "Hai, it's my waste of breath talking to you..."

He hasn't since called me back. Who knows and cares?

Maybe things might boil over and I might get a call from him today on his day off. Maybe not.

Well, leave everything to fate, I guess....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?