Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 
Introspection

"But still I am a dilettante. It could be said that I am playing at something that Martin lives. Sometimes I have the feeling that the whole of my polygamous life is a consequence of nothing but my imitation of other men; although I am not denying that I have taken a liking to this imitation. But I cannot rid myself of the feeling that in this liking there remains, all the same, something entirely free, playful, and revocable, something that characterizes visits to art galleries or countries, something not submitted to the unconditional imperative I have suspected behind Martin’s erotic life.”

- “The Golden Apple of Eternal Desires”, Laughable Loves, Milan Kundera

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?