Thursday, September 13, 2007

 
Only Takes a Chocolate Bar to sum it up

It was exactly five weeks ago that Nano left my place suddenly and curtailed his two nights’ stay with me. I never saw him again.

That Thursday afternoon, we went out for lunch and went to the shopping mall to get him a toothbrush. Walking hand in hand, we strolled past a lady who was handing out free chocolate bars as a new product launch. She gave each of us a bar.

“Why are they giving us free chocolates?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I think it’s a promotion for this new brand.”

As Forest Gump's mum puts it, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."

I sure didn't see it coming.

*****

When we got home, he suddenly decided that he had to leave.

He would stay for another hour and then he would leave at 4pm.

*****

I saw him off while he boarded the train.

We kissed and then I blew him one last kiss as the door closed between us.

Then I got home.

The chocolate bar was there sitting on my coffee table.

I picked it up and examined it.

Fling- that’s the name of the chocolate bar.

We could well have been the poster boy and girl for the marketing campaign.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?