Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 
That Imperfect Man

During my quiet evenings as such, my mind often wander nostalgically to The Old Boy. I love reading and re-reading our old lyrical correspondences. Sometimes, I would read the emails that took place exactly one year ago and try to recall my state of mind and the dynamics of interaction.

What of it, I often asked myself since nothing could come out of this relationship. I am not sure even what I expect it to turn out except that one cynical part of my mind has already flagged that I could only come out with a bucket of tears or that pain I've experienced one too a many time...

I've been asked by my best friends to please stop doing this to myself...

I found myself playing the tune repeatedly as I lay.

****

I'll String Along With You


Lyrics by: Al Dubin

Music by: Harry Warren

From the Film: Twenty Million Sweethearts (1934)



You may not be an angel
Cause angels are so few
But until the day that one comes along
I'll string along with you

I'm looking for an angel
To sing my love song to
And until the day that one comes along
I'll sing my song to you

For every little fault that you have
Say I've got three or four
The human little faults you do have
Just make me love you more

You may not be an angel
But still I'm sure you'll do
So until the day that one comes along
I'll string along with you



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?