Thursday, May 01, 2008

 
Old Boy's Birthday

Have been coughing my lungs out for the past week.

I refrained from texting him to wheedle any sympathy out of him as the Old Boy is wont to do. Give pity- therein lies our main difference. I have always loathed that.

Quietly, I waited for him to come online.

But to no avail.

Well, he did last Thursday out of the blue late at night. Then logged off suddenly- I know because the Mistress must have turned up.

Over the long weekend, I experienced severe technical problems- laptop crashed and internet server down. Being poorly and nothing to do lying on the couch, my thoughts kept turning back to the Old Boy and why he lied to me. He left me an online message on Friday with the excuse he had to log off suddenly because social introductions were made to him by a friend...

In this case, I would rather he had let this one slide than for him to lie.

I felt the constriction of the heart once more and hated myself for being so hung up about it. Then Old Boy has a predilection to lying anyway so why would I think he would make an exception with me otherwise?

****

Yesterday was his birthday.

Every year, he goes to Bangkok around his birthday to pay in a certain friendly sports competition representing his club.

Quietly, I wonder who he is taking the opportunity to have a rendezvous. Is it the Mistress or that ugly Thai lover he looks up every time he visits the country.

Why should I care?

I sent him a text in the morning.

"Dearest Old Boy, Happy Birthday. All the best for your tournament and your new job. New year, new beginning, new life. With much love, P"

No reply sms.

Just as well. Think I should come to terms with the dawn of this new beginning and safely conclude that I have lost him for good.

No,actually shall I say he has decided to lose me for good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?