Monday, September 22, 2008

 
The Need for Meditation

Too many whiskies and play over the weekend is proving to be disruptive once again to my precarious life (and mind). I have just downed a liver cleansing tablet.

The Old Boy hurt me once again over the weekend.

I crossed paths with people I once have professional brushings and recognised as complete strangers in random encounters.

Big M wrote to say he was coming back home, having been sent overseas to sort out the crap of what's happening in the volatile financial markets.

I have over extended myself socially for the entire week and have been invited luncheons and dinners.

REITS, I was told over dinner is something that I should consider investing in if I hadn't caught onto the wave of volatility in this week's financial markets. I have been recommended to speak to someone's broker.

My do-to list is running longer each day. I need 48 hours a day I gather. I have since cut down on sleep so I don't know how else to find more time in a day.

Meditate, I need to do. First things first since I am feeling like I am losing control over my professional affairs. Then there's the Old Boy-my last cause. Why do I know that we'll never see each other again for a long time after I depart to start a new life?

My emotions are still in transit. I despair to know it will be a final goodbye to any last hopes I have of a possible reconciliation between the Old Boy and me.

I have only the memories of March to bookmark the last of our joint histories.

In this instance, is a merciful relief that I never have the advantage of time on my side and the luxury of being permanently based in the same place with the object of my desire and play the silly game of waiting and waiting on the sidelines, just like the old days in Paris where I was hoping to make that big break? Well, except this time, I am hoping to break into one's heart without being broken.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?