Tuesday, March 31, 2009

 
Day 3

Day 3 of being 30. The weather is just as I like it. Windy, grey and cloudy. The air suggests imminent arrival of autumn.

Every morning, I walk my dog. These days, I wake up early. Same time when DL gets out of bed to take a shower and get ready for work. In the bed, I will chat with him in my half awaken state as he showers in the bathroom, the doors always open.

Yesterday, I walked to the supermarket and did grocery shopping alone for the first time in years. By the time I got home, it was not even 10.30a.m yet. Before, I had my daily routine of walking the dog, feeding her and even closed in on her shower time. So I did well with my time management and by 11a.m, I began cooking lunch and boiling the chicken frames I have bought earlier to make chicken congee to be ready for 12.15pm when DL returns home for his lunch break.

As I was walking home, I have decided that I actually quite like the life style of being a lady of leisure. I love the routine, walking my dog in the fields and knowing that I have an afternoon ahead of me to write, chat with my friends and to do the necessary research for my interests. I like Monday and Tuesday evenings where DL comes home by 5.30pm from work, no second night job awaiting him to go to. Plus for the first time in our lives, neither of us needn't work on the weekends and we have it free just for our family outings- house hunting, a new place to walk Fluffball, our weekend Borders hangout, movies and lots more.

Post leaving the restaurant business, I learnt more about myself. Sad Town affords me the luxury to take my own sweet time to heal and to find that inner peace.

I now know the secret to creating my own happiness. I need to feel in control of my life. That is, I need the flexibility of time.

So I have decided. And that I did as I felt that conviction inside me affirmingly again yesterday as I walked to the town centre to run my domestic errands.

I have decided I wasn't going to work for anyone again, especially in an office job. I have recently put up my hand to do mindless catalogue distribution for an old man. It doesn't guarantee me any wealth but it sure makes me physically healthier.

I have decided if setting up my own business yet again becomes unviable, I will become a housewife. I quite enjoy just staying at home these days. Don't feel the need to go out. I never look forward to working at the restaurant these days since it isn't my own.

I figure I don't really need money. I used to but as I look around, having already emptied out more than half my wadrobe and shoe collection to the St. Vinnie's, I still have tons of beautiful clothes and shoes to last me a long time to come. I will still be a beautiful housewife with some good timeless pieces. Items like my pink Chanel cheongsam that I wore on my birthday party, or my Dior silk dress or my Givenchy boots-they can last me for a long time, provided I don't put on weight. Now my needs are basic. Food and that's it.

So yes, I have decided. I told DL. I am going to be a housewife until we get ready to start our next business. I have decided not to work myself too hard in life unless it relates immediately to my well being. I need to feel that alpha if I have to so much as to labour myself to work. I need to live and breathe freedom from working for passion because I remember not too long ago, holding a job nearly killed my soul. I need a resurrection. But only with the right opportunity. Until then, I am happy being dormant.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?