Sunday, March 29, 2009

 
The End of a Decade

Yes, I turn the big three O today. Officially.

I needed some reminding when I woke up this morning.

Last night, I threw a birthday party already. All the invitees on my guest list turned up. Daisy even organised me a cake. Soci and girlfriend presented me with a nice bow vintage brooch.

After dinner, we sojourned to a club to dance the night away. Except yours truly sat down more than she danced. My guests were having a good time and I ended up dozing off on the couch. I wasn't being a useful handbag guarder of Louis Vuitton-s for my friends either as a result. By 1.30a.m, I motioned to DL that I think I need to call it a night.

Today, the usual suspects of good friends from around the world sent me text messages, emails and facebook messages with their well wishes. My old string of grey arrangements have coincidentally all ceased such pleasantries. The Old Boy wished me in advance on Friday over msn at work since he wasn't going to be online on the weekend. I still have his old birthday message from last year stored in my other mobile phone.

Here is the beginning of a new era.

I must be getting old.

Happy Birthday to me

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?