Monday, March 16, 2009

 
Invincible

I lived the last decade like I think I would never really grow old. Forever young I will be.

Today, I felt that slight sinking feeling once more- a kind of envy for others. I am once again the one to be left behind.

I just found out that my good buddy, Harry is getting engaged. A sign of becoming an adult. He was a fun party boy.

I still feel like a teenager.

“No matter what, we'll still party like the way we do,” he told me in September at MOS.

“Well, now you say. But when you're married, things will change somewhat.” I said with a smile.

I have heard this line from close friends one too a many time. B said the same thing too and partying thereafter has never been quite the same.

For a long time, I failed to comprehend this sinking feeling B was so trying to tell me or the peer pressure V once felt to get engaged to that ex.

Now I do.

I feel I am still living in 2008. Everyone has moved on. To greener pastures, that is.

I feel alone. No career and no fun.

I am not ready to grow up yet. But becoming thirty beckons me in two weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?