Thursday, March 26, 2009

 
Motivation

Tell me if I am lazy or what.

I am so not motivated to work, especially for others. In about half an hour's time, I need to drag myself to work in the restaurant. My feet and back have been sore too.

Last week, someone nearly bought a restaurant business. He said his decision to buy was dependent on my joining the business. I barely knew him- he used to work for me for a short time. I told him it is his dream, not mine and churned him some numbers and points of consideration. My verdict: Risky business.

Last weekend, DL and I went to an expo and looked at the wonderful opportunities that we could venture into. I realised I have no absolutely interest to partner up with anyone. Our team was there too and I realise our goals and interests are not quite aligned. I have since been doing my own due dilligence and contacting the necessary people.

I need a shake up. These few months, I have learnt more about myself. My only motivation is me and DL said to me last week- “You only do what you believe in”. He is right. I need to feel passion in my blood stream or that adrenalin rush or I will feel so disinclined to labour myself over someone else's interest or dreams.

Funny, that bastard Damo (Tina's husband) had the cheek to ask DL to ask me if I was still interested to re-join the restauarant business. I know their business have gone down to a trickle since I left. Bad and poorly managed staff. I couldn't help but snigger. DL told him don't think so, P just wants to take it easy now.

It's strange how I noticed just last night that when I used to do my 15-hour days with no days off at the restauarant, I didn't have time to notice or realise how physically worn out I was. Passion kept my spirits up and running. But these days, working for others made me realise how tired my lower back is and how sore my feet can get. Even a few massage trips do nothing to alleviate my discomfort. Spending money to fix me over a meagre paid job that isn't mine. Is it worth it, I wonder?

Last week, Della asked if I want to go back to Singapore for a break. She wants to sponsor my airfare. She needs me to be there for her. The proposition is tempting. B needs me too and so is V looking forward to my return. I could also do with touching base with a few people I have abandoned my half planned business plans for the restauarant business. Kill a few birds with one stone- cannot come anymore timely.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?