Tuesday, March 17, 2009

 
Yesterday & Today


Newly weds always seem to have this happy glow on their faces.

I wonder if I ever get married, would I look the same?

*****

So yesterday, I thought I was never going to get out of my emotionally depressing rut.

V gave me a good arse whipping over msn to put some sense into me.

On the other end, I was receiving sms texts from B who has had enough of corporate life. She tendered in her resignation, her boss tearing and her emotions in turmoil.

Then DL came home for lunch. My face read glum.

Who's wrong, he asked.

I told him I was depressed.

DL was a hard counsellor. He took me through the process like V and then we got onto our relationship. Some issues there. I suggested he sees a counsellor. He said I am the one who needs to sort out myself lest it spillover to our relationship.

DL missed his ritual post-lunch siesta and left for the office.

Daisy turned up and we went to her doctor's appointment. She hadn't made a sale since she first started her job on the road. I told her we could do a joint gig because I could sell and I am passionate about education. I was keen to nail down on these parents who haven't realised what they are in for since they choose to have kids.

The real estate agent called. We missed out on the property. Someone put in a higher price.

In the evening, DL, Daisy, Fluffball and I went to the playground to play. We got off the car quickly and rushed to our favourite play thing, like the three of us have a combined age of 15 and Fluffball went free willy into the park to do her possum hunting and sniffing. DL pushed me hard on the swing and twirled me giddy on this spinaround disc that I was made to stand on. Then Rosie and I bounced hard on each end on the see saw with suspension as we chatted over how we could close a deal for her. I mused at our ages and how much fun we could still have at the playground.

I was slowly regaining some ground.

After dinner, we came back home. DL put on a movie for us to watch and my mind was slowly putting to work once more. I was checking out other money making opportunities online and doing my research. Daisy and I looked at franchises for sale, some extra pocket money side gig whilst Della tried chatting with me on MSN over her current emotional problem. Same shit as what I was in- being in love with a polygamous old man.

DL retired early to bed. He had looked tired earlier on. He carried Fluffball with him to the bedroom. Daisy and I finished watching the movie and we surfed the internet for more ideas. Today, I should make a house call with her and see how much I like her job. It got later and she left.

I stayed up alone in the quiet household.

I did what I haven't done or imagined I would do in the longest time.

I went onto a job website.

Maybe I could get a real job. For the time being. For money. For my sanity. Be back in the game.

I looked at sales, consulting, financial services, property, retail, PR. Some jobs excited me and I felt my blood pumping once more. So excited was I to feel alive again, I wanted to run out of the house for a jog.

I must have kept at my job hunting for a good 2.5 hours until my fire died down again.

Ah, the hassle of re-writing my resume. Then I felt like kicking myself for chucking out all my old intellectual property that would so prized me in my profession. Just binned them like 2 weeks ago. Didn't think I would need it ever in my life.

Clean slate it seems is what I need to start on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?