Friday, April 17, 2009

 
Mortality

Since turning 30, I have become slightly more aware of my mortality.

But when someone asks about my age, I tell them as it is.

I come to realise a lot of people tend to lie about their age. Male and female included.

Maybe people don't like the idea of growing old, especially if they are also growing lonelier with time. The idea that it's time to wrap up all the fun associated with youth because it's time to grow up.

It reminds me of an incident that happened a couple of months ago. Something that was meant to be endearing gone wrong:

Old Boy says:
we can talk again next week
P says:
yeah when I see u ard
Old Boy says:
yup
Old Boy says:
you were the one that ignore me the past couple of weeks...so pls don't blame me k?
P says:
dun u ever qn why?
Old Boy:
of course i know why...
Old Boy says:
but who cares right?
P says:
so if u dun care, why shd I care and bother with u?
Old Boy says:
hmm
Old Boy says:
well, you did start it...
P says:
I didnt
P says:
I said it endearingly but u like to turn things ugly...
P says:
if u dun care abt upsetting me, then I won't bother with u
Old Boy says:
at least you know what you said...and you know how sensitive about that
Old Boy says:
i am about that subject..
Old Boy says:
and yet you used it against me
Old Boy says:
so of course i would hit back and you're so super sensitive about that too...
Old Boy says:
which is wierd becos its not like you don't know i'm doing others
P says:
I don't know u are super sensitive abt ur age!
P says:
and I don't need u to tell me u are doing others
P says:
I dun need to know!
Old Boy says:
hahahahah
Old Boy says:
i am super sensitive about my age especally the way that you said it.
Old Boy says:
and you KNOW i hate it.
Old Boy says:
all the time you bring up that i'm so old...wat the fug
Old Boy says:
you keep telling me that your friends are with old men etc...and i really do hate being referred to as an old man.
Old Boy says:
and you can't see it that i am really not happy about being called old. i mean .... why MUSTT you call me old???? why? is it such a big deal? aren't i still human?
Old Boy says:
no, you have to make me out to be an old human being...and i don't know why? is it becos you think i should be so grateful that i am with you and you're so young????
Old Boy says:
anyway, you thnk about it carefully.
Old Boy says:
you are always making fun about how old i am...
P says:
I DID'NT KNOW u areSCARED of being old ok!
Old Boy says:
and i have never liked it
Old Boy says:
i am not fugging scared of being old...gez...you just don't get it do you?
notlim says:
its just like...if you're fat and comfortable with it...doesn't mean that i have to call you fat all the time and remind you abuot it all the time and make names about fat pple just for you right?
Old Boy says:
so i'm comfortable with my age...and there is nothing wrong with being 40+ but why do you have to keep saying it?
Old Boy says:
like you need me to feel insecure about it...so that is why i blurted out that i could still get young chicks...all the time...and that is what hurt you.
Old Boy says:
of course i would have to whack back right? and defend my being old...like being old is MY FAULT...which is not.
P says:
I never want u to feel insecure abt ur age ok!
P says:
I dun know why u saw it that way!
Old Boy says:
so pls...go think about wat i have said and what you said and why u said what you did....was it to hurt me? was it really fugging endearing?
Old Boy says:
was it something like saying it to a sugar daddy? is that what you think?
P says:
what?
Old Boy says:
anyway, now i am upset tat you can't see it...
Old Boy says:
bye i gotta go

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?