Thursday, September 17, 2009

 
Another Lesson- Happiness

Do you really believe that you can make people happy?

I was asked the above question today.

What do you readers out there, think?

Yes, I said.

Do you really, really think you can make a person happy?

I was asked again.

Why do you think you can?

Because... I said.

My whole life is based on the belief that nothing is impossible. I mean, nothing (and that's where DL and I would in our water and fire fashion, typically launch into a heated debate over my theories or ambitions)as in nothing one seeks to achieve in life.


*****

Can we really, really make our spouse or partner happy? he asked.

Really, can you? he asked again.

*****

No is the answer I got to the above question.


Only the person him/ herself can make him/herself feel happy.

He is right.

I, myself am my own living example. Still, I have managed to miss the point.

*****

The above brought to mind a conversation that took place some time back.

P: I think that perhaps if I met you under a different context, ie. I was about your age and we were dating for real, I could make you happy.

Old Boy: I am sure you will try to make me happy because you love me.

Can we all see where I had missed the point?

*****

The same person also told me today that if I go about my life, trying to make people happy, I would end up being a very unhappy person.

He was right.

Wasn't he?

A valuable Life lesson I have learnt.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?