Saturday, September 26, 2009

 
Sneak Attack

I haven't had that heart squeeze in the longest time. I recall all too well how I used to suffer incoherently from this symptom from the countless aftermaths of my loss and pain... an emotional wreck I was.

Last night, it suddenly struck me. I was retiring to bed and DL switched off the lights after me and left the room for the study to close in on some desk time. Alone in bed, I turned my body to ease into my usual, comfortable-on-the-stomach sleeping position. A fliting shadow of a memory darted across my head. I don't know exactly how it came about but the essence of the Old Boy and our joint past was capture in that split-second moment.

I felt that unbearable tug in my heart once more. It was reminiscent of my recent past and the torture of my daily existence. My fear for regression into bad, nasty habits tightened its grip- I blocked out my thoughts immediately. I didn't want that inexplicable pain to linger on and consume me- I have already paid my dues with time. Been there, done that. I closed my fatigued eyes and drifted into a deep and dreamless slumber...

Comments:
Hey babe! Big hug!! Hope it went away as quickly as it came :(

Am already living in SG and finally found an apartment bigger than a shoe box so come back and visit soon ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?