Thursday, March 25, 2010

 
In a Matter of One year...(Part II)

So I was telling you before (in my last post) about how I went to the United States for work in 2008. I took the opportunity to do my social rounds and one of the places I stopped was San Francisco.

San Francisco was where my friend, The Lark from back in the Paris days lived.

The Lark is a typical old moneyed southern belle from Texas. No actually, her mum was but her dad was from Chicago. One a Republican and another Democrat supporter until his dad defected over...

The Lark is a through and through hippie and a pothead and it was through her introduction that I got into the world of smoking good weed (a conoisseur and ex-cultivator/ dealer she was) in the old bohemic Parisian apartment that I rented in the 18th arrondissement.

When I visited her in San Francisco, she was about to launch her own collection. She was engaged to an equally old moneyed East Coast Dartmouth graduated Institutional Equities Broker. There was nothing much in common between them but my guess was she liked being with a safe pair of hands. That night in her prime suburban apartment on top of a hill, over weed, we caught up, laughed and cried over our lives with the familiarity of our camaraderie back in Paris like we have never left.

When we were in Paris, the Lark was a vegetarian and by the time, we met again 3 years later, she had converted back to an omnivore and changed a few boyfriends over.

Anyhow, the Lark got quite famous with her fashion label, being into the eco friendly movement. Her designs in the high end marktet. She got some good coverage in fashion magazines like Vogue and was showing off her collection in L.A. Fashion Week and in New York.

She dropped me a line on my facebook last night to come visit her in Copenhagen. I thought how very apt with all her eco friendly designs and the anti-carbon emission talks by political big wigs around the world last year, she must have moved there for some business strategic reason.

But no, she wrote to say she got married to a Dane in December (she had always promised to invite me to her wedding!!!???!!!) and a baby is due in June. Of course, it was marriage out of a wedlock and the preparations must have been hasty. The Lark is going to become a mum!

I wonder what happened to her all-American instuitional sales broker boyfriend.

Anyhow, so much can happen and just like I said. In a matter of a year, my friend, The Lark got famous, fell in love for someone new, got married and is soon to become a mum.

All in a matter of one short year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?