Tuesday, March 30, 2010

 
Lowpoint

So I have officially turned 31 yesterday.

What a day! In the worst sense- I fucked up and broke a client's something from Debmark. Spent what was supposed to be my leisurely afternoon all around town to look for its replacement. Only of course, there wasn't one in the whole of Sad Town. Had to order one in.

Then there is the cash flow problems. Everyone's wanting a piece of us- so many invoices raised our way and all due this week. Freaking marketing expenses.

I have never felt worser.

I recalled my life.

I always had a birthday party thrown for the first 11 years of my life. And more birthday parties and parties after I turned 15.

My life should have been great.

The older sibling sent me the first birthday wish. Nano must have been second or third in line.

I knew the Nano would remember. But I was right that the Old Boy would have forgotten. Ah well, such is life.

Then lots more from friends around the world on facebook and smses... and there was my old friends from the Parisian days. The Lark, my all famous principal, Talla and Lina...

Lina always remembers and sends me an email each year with some updates... it's funny how some of us never quite write to each other and it becomes an yearly affair, like a summary of what has happened to our lives in the year that has just passed...

Even M remembers... in fact, M remembers my birthday all these years except I think, last year and I thought he was dropping out for good... he wrote the usual pleasantry and asked for me to inform him when I am next back home...

Lots of old high school friends wrote me too...

It's all very heartwarming given that I felt like I had the worst birthday in my life...

Getting older and poorer. That sucks.

So we didn't have much $ and having spent the whole afternoon running around town, I was exhausted and drained. I dropped on the mattress in our living room and took a short nap and dragged myself up again for my last sewing class in the semester. DL and the dog did the same beside me.

After class, it was close to 9pm. DL and I went to our local Chinese restaurant and had a meal.

That was it. No excitment or surprises this year for me.

He is really down with the money issue.

We had been broke before but maybe the adult responsibilities is just too much for us at the moment.

Back then, he even so much as squeezed out a Longines watch with the diamond dial for me. That is, from without paying the rent. Things you would do for love when you were young and bold....

We came home and he watched DVDs with the dog next to him whilst I used the laptop in the living room to chat to my folks and the younger sibling.

Then we both retire to our respective rooms where he read his before bedtime book and I read mine.

Then we fell asleep separately.

I didn't want to be reminded I am getting older and in a more sorrier state.

But ironically, I seem to be at my most popular this year, remembered by more friends than before.

Makes me miss home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?