Monday, June 21, 2010

 
Friday and the day of Ms

So last Friday was an interesting day for I received a number of unexpected sms. One from The Man and some from colleagues inter-state.

I also had a trying week with DL and in fact, we sat down solemnly and cited that since we had such irreconciliable differences, we should split up. At age 31, I think I have cried enough tears for men to know better that it's time to get on with life with or without.

I served the verdict calmly before I drove off to yet another meeting. I wasn't going to let my family life fuck up my work. Business as usual.

When I returned home, DL was obviously nowhere in sight.

I got hungry. Having spent the whole day working and arguing, I hadn't a thing in my stomach.

So I rang Teddie, my old friend from home who is doing his studies here in Sad Town to accompany me out for dinner (like the good old days where V, him and I spent my entire summer hols home having supper and bantering).

Teddie came to pick me up in his Saab. I was pleasantly distracted with company and after having Vietnamese for dinner, we went to the Hyatt bar for drinks. We talked about our coming of age and what not. Teddie is a bloody late bloomer who managed to catch up on lost time.

We continued talking and I chanced upon an interesting piece of information.

So Teddie's father is well connected back home to the old wealth society type.

What was particularly more interesting was that his dad for many a number of years used to play a certain sport at the country club with a Mr.Z. Turns out to be The Old Boy's father.

Teddie recalled that he must have been eleven or twelve when he was using the swimming pool in the complex of the condominium development of Mr. Z where he had made some good money. He remembered also that Mr. Z had two sons, both who was sent to boarding school. Teddie has met both sons of Mr. Z, the second one more often. The elder son (who happens to be The Old Boy)once when he was at the pool. The elder son was an adult in his twenties (must be around 22 to 23 since Teddie is 2 years older than me and the Old Boy 13 years older than me) and brought his girlfriend with him. The thing that stuck to Teddie's mind was that his girlfriend was not very good looking.

Funny that was more than 20 years ago. The only thing that stuck to Teddie's mind. In his young mind, he must have expected someone of his wealth to score a more attractive female.

So the Old Boy was right when he once told me he generally never go for the good looking types. I even have an unexpected witness whose memory stretched way back.

No wonder, he once said to me that he would have been flattered by my attention if he was not married.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?