Wednesday, July 21, 2010

 
Tales of the Grown Up

As a young child, I find it a challenge to multi-task or focus on too many things at hand.

I was a one-boy-I-adore-at-a-time, do-one-thing-at-a-time type of girl. I could only read one book at anytime so as not to mess up my thoughts, feelings and sequence of any one story. I would also never flip to the back of the book to know the ending in advance. You see, I loved to keep myself in suspense because once I knew the ending, I would never read the book again. I would defnitely not be reading the same book a second time.

As I get older, I see a metamorphosis in my mind and attitude in life. I realised I could fall in love with a few at a time, read a few different books and genre at a time, multi-task, fond of finding the ending to a book and finish reading it regardless. I definitely find myself becoming a voracious yet selective reader, sometimes re-visiting and re-reading a particular book at different junctures in my life either to draw different perspectives and reading experience or just to savour the beautiful arrangements of prose by the crafty author.

Funny how I experienced the world so differently as a child and as a grown up. That willful ignorance of my childhood to perceive life in two dimensions are bygone days of lost innocence. Now as a grown up, my instincts warn me to be more discerning, more careful. Always appear the ever charming Miss P in social company but don't fall for your own charms...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?