Friday, April 08, 2011

 
Flutter of a Memory

So here I am sitting in my office my legs up my chair nursing a headache and a flutter of a memory passed through...

****

We were eighteen, B and I. It was a Saturday afternoon and we had Japanese dinner at the Ritz Carlton with a man much older than we were. Then we went to the race course and took a punt on the horses in the relatively remote stand for horse owners. I spotted a few "adults" familiar on the Tatler magazine I used to love reading. I was in a black dress and she was in my long blue batik dress.

****

Now she is a mother leading a pleasantville life, living in a HDB flat and feeling disgruntled about her not to exciting government job. The life of a typical middle class Singaporean. The way she always planned for her life to be. Peaceful and quiet.

And here I am stuck in Australia. Childless, still flighty and unmarried. Just like how I thought my life should be minus not being quite larger-than-life at the moment. Tomorrow, DL and I are meeting our 2nd dog. A rescued 10 year old dog from the pound. I am quite excited and perhaps DL too. We got a bed, leash, new outfits and 2 plush artic faux fur throws that matches the home decor for our two lovely princesses to sit on.

The meet and greet is scheduled at our house at noon tomorrow. I need to start tidying up the house to welcome our new arrival and hopefully, we pass the adoption process.

Then in the evening, DL and I will head off to yet another circus performance.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?