Tuesday, December 20, 2011

 
Le Pamplemouse

I was just checking out the menu of a famous restaurant in Port Vila that I have booked dinner for two on Boxing Day.

Given that there is limited service during the festive week, I thought it is best that I get myself organised and pre-order my dinner. Freshly caught lobsters from the nearby beach are definitely a must for mains. I heard that the souffle is another highly rated dessert in that dining establishment. Now I just needed to look for two entrees and another dessert.

I came across a dessert that says pamplemouse served with vodka and ice-cream. Not knowing what a "pamplemouse" is, I did a quick google for a definition.

The first one that came up from Urban Dictionary. The definition is " to suck all of a woman's clitoral and labial flesh into ones mouth then bite it."

Hmmm... I thought. That couldn't be it. Not on a restaurant menu. I looked further and found another more likely definition of the object in question. It is a grapefruit.

Is it just me being outdated?

Or does anyone actually is aware that le pamplemouse meant the act of that?

I must be getting old already.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?