Tuesday, July 31, 2012

 

Family

I love my family a lot.

My dad, my mum and my sisters.

We grew up surrounded by love. Too much love perhaps with an overbearing "helicoptor" mum and a kindly dad who doesn't speak too much about his feelings to us girls.

I like holding my dad's hand and I still do whenever we go out.

I don't think I spend enough time with them.

                                            ****

You know what they say about the choice of your life partner is likely to be similar to your dad (for a girl) and mum (for a guy)? He or she will tend to have similar traits to one of them?

I think it is very true.

You have only your parents to set the example.

Maybe that is why I don't want to get married.

Coming home and having to deal with some of their deep seated issues always remind me of the imperfection of human relationships. I always have to deal with them alone.

Marriage feels to me like a sealed fate.

Choose wisely, I have always remembered the words of wisdom from a Manila socialite.

Anyway, I may never make it there and have a family of my own.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?