Thursday, July 26, 2012

 

Time Check and Affairs

So I have been back in Singapore after three long years of hard slog with our business and life in general in Sad Town.

Lately, I have much time to myself and have started re-reading and trawling through some of my old blog entry posts.

I notice a pattern with some of the grey arrangements, flings and love affairs I had unwittingly got myself into . There was always those traits from these boys or men that has left me with a more lasting impression:

- Men in suits;
- Busy, super time poor corporate types;
- Financial services (usually);
- Always on standby to fly off to yet another meeting;
- Seemingly in control in their daily life;
- Often attached;
- Often cowardly in on-the-side relationships (Why play when one is so afraid of getting caught out right? I thought that was the whole exciting point then);
- Destination Singapore, Paris and Sydney (never in Sad Town).

Time was never our friend and as many of you know, I had to take one too a many rainchecks, I might as well have an affair with myself.

Ah well, water under the bridge now. P's life is a lot more settled (or is it really?) and less "colourful".

But anyhow, let us go down to memory lane where I would leave you with my all time favourite story so that you can go back in time to have a glimpse of a typical Friday night where I waited at the sidelines just to see if the Dope could make time for me so that we could re-live that bold, reckless and spontaneous now-and-here moment that got us first together and dawned the beginning of our grey arrangement on a lovely Friday night in the Spring of 2005.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?