Thursday, August 02, 2012

 

Bald Men and Shaven Heads

Since my university days, Daisy noticed that I seemed to be attracted to bald men without realising the pattern.

Everytime I mentioned or pointed out a particular guy that I find cute or attractive, she would remind me that they are all "bald", just like my boyfriend, DL. "You like baldies!" Daisy would tease me. Well, maybe I just have a connection with them. I have thin hair and a balding patch for tying all my hair backwards all the time. I hardly let my hair down, literally.

 I knew DL in 2000 before he had a shaven hairdo. His receding hairline and thinning hair in the middle of his crown was getting the better of him. He had to do something about it lest he looked like "Bozo the Clown".  I used to pull his leg and said maybe he should keep his hair, dye it white and wear his navy-coloured Kung Fu silk pyjamas outfit and black velvet Chinese loafers that old Chinese men typically wore to do Tai Chi and  also he should carry a walking stick so I could take him to our lectures and introduced him as my grandfather. In the Australian summer of 2001/02, he decided to shave his head and had since adopted that hairstyle for more than a decade to date. He looked a lot better without hair.

The Gem is also another bald or rather has a shaven head due to a receding hairline. I do actually find a man with a shaven head rather sexy. I don't know why. Gem is tanned and well-built for a guy. I also have this thing for men in well tailored white shirts. Gem looked particularly stylish in his tailor-made white shirt that is  lined with purplish floral prints at the collar and shirt cuffs. I love the metrosexual finishing touches to the shirt that he wore. As you all know, I remember people by the thing they wear and it was this white shirt he wore on the first day I met him and again, three nights ago that defined him in my imagination and memory.

Then there was the Big Boy, a rising (and now prominent) litigation lawyer with thinning hair. It was more than half a decade ago that he propositioned a dirty trip that never came into fruition. The last time I saw him in 2008, it was at a chance meeting at someone's birthday celebrations. He must have just been to court. He was in a nice, well-fitted white shirt and  although he has accumulated quite a bit of white hair, he could not look any sexier.

My very first crush for a boy was when I was about five years old. I was in Kindergarten and had to take a school bus to school. The first time I experienced a strange, unexplainable stirring in my heart was on the school bus where I was seated next to a bald boy who was a year older than me. He always brought milk powder with him in a tupperware. I never knew his name.

Perhaps every individual has a defined preference type and if you recall the people whom you have been attracted in your life, you will find a pattern. Like what Daisy has decided, the underlying trait for my pre-dilection of the opposite sex lies in bald or shaven head men. So a bald man I am destined to end up with!;)




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?