Monday, May 27, 2013

 

I wish...

Much as I love living alone in my own house and having all the time and space to myself in Sad Town, I sometimes do wish I get a visit or two from close friends or people that I would like to know better back home in Singapore.

I have a lovely courtyard with a nice outdoor heater and UV protected umbrella  over my outdoor dining table that I would love to entertain my friends at over a nice home cooked meal and some nice wine. I haven't spent much time out there since Rusty's decreased mobility and ability to play in the courtyard and of course, since her passing on, I almost feel that there wasn't much of a reason to sit out in the sun to enjoy the joy of watching my sweetpea chew on her bone.

There is also a massive above ground pool that sits at least fifteen people in my courtyard. I have only used it once in the summer of 2011 with DL.  I always envisioned having friends over in summer where we could sit in the pool and enjoy lovely cocktails on a floating tray. The hedges surrounding the fences of my courtyard has grown considerably since I moved in more than two years ago and for the most part, has worked well as a screen to provide privacy and obfuscate the view of passers-by who often walk past with their dogs for a slow hike up the hills into the natural reserve. I've always fancied skinny dipping in my own pool and wonder if I could get away from getting caught...;)

So when I invited you to come visit my little haven and  my world, I mean it.

I would love to get to know you better and allow a sneak peek into my private world. I don't know how it would go. Despite my love for hosting parties and get togethers at my house, I do have my own quirks and don't often fancy the idea of hosting people overnight at my tiny space. You see, truth is I love my own company for the most part and have a fear of people cramming my style. But I am sincere when I invited you to come visit Sad Town and to stay as my guest for a lovely week of relaxation and to visit this most architecturally planned city in the world. There are a lot of lovely open green spaces which I would envision you would like and we could do the art galleries, national libraries, our world class war memorial musuem or simply taking a nice walk up the hills. I notice too that you have quite a bit of a sweet tooth and you love your coffee. I do know where to get you the best tarts in town and we do have some pretty good cafes around in Sad Town:)

I don't know what I want out of it except I would love to know you a bit better as a person and as a friend for starters. I am beginning to love my life in Sad Town and I know you love your life back home so I have no expectations for anything serious or romantic to eventuate. As a pragmatist and as it stands, I cannot see how that could happen anyway. But I do know I have been thinking of you for awhile now and I am somewhat fond of you.

So yes, if you read this and you know who you are, I would like you to follow your motto of going everywhere and pencil in Sad Town, a place which you would otherwise have no reason to set foot on. There are plenty to do in Sad Town and you are only limited by your own imagination. You could definitely cook heaps if you choose to with an abundance of fresh produce out here. But I do invite you to lose yourself in that now-and -here moment with me if you ever make it to Sad Town. Please be my guest:)

I don't believe in happy ever after endings but I do believe in forming meaningful relationships with people and memories that will be etched in the annals of our lives, marking that joint moment we share for us to reminisce privately (and perhaps separately) when our life journey diverge and take us onward to different paths...

Life is too short and I am one who never want to live in regret. I have never been one to fall in love or like at first sight/ encounter. But since you made bold with your advances with me that one early Saturday morning in 2012 and made me notice you, now I would really love to know you better and pick your brain. If you haven't notice, I am attracted to an intellectual brain and a creative soul.

So yes, now that I have made myself clear (and assuming you are not already in a serious relationship which this invitation may lead to unnecessary complications or jeporadise your personal happiness which I have no wish to be personally responsible for), I hope to hear from you and your thoughts soon:)

“If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If your'e a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!”

- Shel Silverstein

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?