Sunday, June 09, 2013

 

The Written Word

There are two things that I would really love to tick off before I die.

1) To have my own fashion label;
2) To have a published work of short stories.

As far as my memory could take me, I love drawing since I was a child, around aged three or so. I remember having a fondness for scribbling and doodling with my pencil on a piece of paper lightly and then I would start seeing images in the mad chaos of scribble which I would "trace" them out to form pictures. I don't know how my love for doodle drawing transited to fashion designing but what I do recall is by around the age of six, I started designing clothes. Adult clothes, that is as I have no interest in fashion for my age group.

As a visually inclined person, I hated reading and didn't like to be bogged down by small print and words. Then when I was ten, I had an amazing teacher, Mr F who encouraged us to read and let our imaginations go wild with our writing, which the latter suited me just fine:) So the first book in small print that I read and enjoyed was Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". From there on, I got hooked onto reading and found a second love in writing.

There has been two short stories in my head that I have been meaning to write. In fact, I started writing one more than ten years ago and have since lost the draft. I enjoy writing short stories of comedy intermixed with tragic elements of daily life through one's interaction with another, which is somewhat unlike the sentimental erotic rubbish stuff that I write here on my blog!;)

Hopefully one day, the current two short stories I have here "The Respectful Murderer" (which the Old Boy and M have been privy to my verbal narration. M re-enacted the scene and seized my throat because he understood profoundly what the story of perverse love meant to me. His gesture reverbrated louder than any spoken words of love confession I have heard to date- he wanted to tell me he loved me at a time where he knew he shouldn't like Richard did to Jodie in the story.) and "The Noodle Thieves" will find its way to print!:)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?