Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 
The T-shirt’s (cheeky) Journey

On the first day that B touched down, I went to her hotel to visit her without the intention to stay for the night. As usual, I should not have expected less. So there I was, unprepared with no change of clothes. She replied that she has brought extra home wear.

My best friend whipped out a Timberland ladies’ T-shirt and said mischievously, “Guess whose T-shirt is this?”

We burst out laughing cheekily.

You see, it belongs to the Big Boy’s girlfriend or rather, fiancée.

A year and a bit ago, B stayed his place. Then she defected back to the original script. That was, him for me and the friend for her.

(They left it off with a bad taste in his mouth and never saw each other again. Until, that very fateful day, almost 10 months on, the Big Boy and I walked towards our intended lunch destination where the verdict was then finally handed over to me while I had mentally pre-empted the outcome and prepared myself for the worst.

We passed the al fresca dining area of a restaurant where B sat lunching amongst a small group of business associates. He caught sight of her in a timely manner where she looked up and their eyes met. Then walking not far behind was moi, whom she did not expect. Well, the three of us did not expect to see each other at the same place at the same time. B was busy with work as I was busy with V on practising to get my spirituality back on track. So essentially, we had no time to collaborate or strategise even if we had planned to in the first place.

The timing was spot on. She looked wonderful.

It was all too surreal for him to see her again. Ironically, it all took place in my presence.

They smiled and waved briefly and then he walked on. I headed towards her direction.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re out with him today?”

We looked at each other bewilderedly. B’s eyes widened like she would expect nothing less from witchy me. I always have to vortex/ karma of living life like a badly written script of one too a many coincidences.

Then they was my green dress that she caught sight of in her periphery view, which she coincidentally mistook for my high school uniform. The first thought that came to her mind before realising my presence was why was there a girl from XYZ High School following him behind.

“I don’t know. It was arranged at short notice and you’ve been busy and not contactable...”)

The T-shirt nor the slippers were ever returned to the rightful owner.
We always find it amusing as to how he was to account for the missing items should she ever start looking for them.


Then there was our intended romantic affair that never actualised.

“There, you can wear this T-shirt.”

“Oh, how very funny that it’s now my turn.”

I put on the T-shirt after my shower. I found it slightly constricting. It wouldn’t have fit me too well if I had put my bra on.

She must be a petite girl.

This T-shirt is quite a special little thing, isn’t it?

It has definitely travelled far and wide intimately with the girls that he has or would have liked to spend intimate moments with.

I wonder if things may come full circle and fate might pull yet a classic stunt- me in that T-shirt with B when we bumped into him and his would be wife.

T-shirt emerges oh so timely and finally explains the disappearance for itself- "Gone wandering."

Well, then perhaps, the T-shirt might be compelled to retire from its travels. There, it be returned to its rightful owner. Although I must say, it’ll never feel quite the same on her again. ;)

Comments:
this reminds me of my old doona from oz land. still have it somewhere i think. can't bear to have it throw away. too many memories. ha ha.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?