Friday, August 21, 2009

 
Grapevine

From the social grapevine, an old friend from my Parisian days wrote to say hi and briefly mentioned that M is about to move to Singapore to do his MBA.

Hmm, interesting I thought to myself. M has been travelling to Singapore heaps for work but each time I missed him.

The very first time he had been to Singapore was 2005/6. He came for me. We spent the New Year together and parted sadly at the airport. I remembered him writing a brief email to me the next day that returning back to Hong Kong felt strange. He was a man of few words-only told me he loved me towards the end. I remember walking past the guest room of my house where he slept for a good 3 or 4 nights (see, even I am getting forgetful with time) and felt strange at the sight of the empty king sized bed, like I was half expecting to see him still lying there...

I haven't seen him since he left- too many rainchecks and missed timings.

One moment in time, I believe we must have loved each other.

****

A number of months ago (again, my memory is failing me and I have begun to stop remembering) we messaged each other on Facebook. After I mentioned about being back with DL and being really happy with my life now, he then he revealed that he now has a girlfriend. He said he was glad I had "someone to take care of" me now. Like I am a baby who needed to be looked after. M is four years younger than me.

****

Many moons ago, I did wonder at our future possibilities.

M is an intelligent guy and the best looking boy I have ever been with. All my girlfriends seem so "proud" of me to score a looker like him. I just remember him as the most sensual kisser I have ever had. There was also something about his lover hugs.

I am now remembering his long arms, always wide enough to hold me and squeeze me tight.

Singapore- who would have thought my beautiful ex lover boy would end up living here?

We had too little too late.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?