Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 
Farewell, my boy...

So 2005 came and out goes 2006 in a split second- he has lived in Asia for more than a year.

Living and working in Asia was post the time we first met. We seemed so young then.

It also feels such a long time ago. Now he's out of Asia for good...

****

He would have touched down by now, existing half a day behind me.

Just the start of last month, I was still living in the last glimmer of hope that perhaps he would fly home to Santiago via Sydney. But then I was soon to find out that he would be heading for a stopover in London (where he was borned) instead.

Next week, I will finally arrive in Hong Kong (by a twist of fate because Bangkok was cancelled). Only that he will no longer be there.

We miss each other by a matter of days.

Hong Kong- that much anticipated trip to visit him in 2006 that I promised to take but never make.

So what of it and what's the point? I have asked myself way too a many time.

I chickened out and made excuses within myself.

Now it's been more than a year since we parted- come to think of it. Singapore 2005 was the last we met.

Somehow, I feel so 2004...

And it is now already 2007.

People must move on now, musn't they?

****


Hey P, well it is unlucky indeed...
Im in HK now, flying to the UK tomorrow night and to Chile end of the month.
COngratulations on the payrse/bonus... hope it make things more motivating at work?
HAppy Chinese new year too!!!
I hope all will go great for u in the year of the pig (Im a pig by the way)
Muchos besos and will write with more time from Chile
M (the affectionate nickname I bestowed upon him which I mistook for his name in my tipsy state)


*

Dear M,

Ah, it's the year of the pig. You will be turning 24 then.... time really flies...

Do travel safe and I await a longer email when you next write.

Much Love and besos,
P

***
It must have been last December that I willed myself to wean off and let go...

Think for once in my life, I just might be able to relieve me of that dukkha...

I wish you blue birds in the spring
to give your heart a song to sing
and then a kiss but more than this
I wish you love....

My breaking heart and I agree
that you and I could never be
so with my best
my very best
I set you free...

I wish you shelter from a storm
A cosy fire to keep you warm
But most of all
When snow flakes fall
I wish you love…



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?